Dexus continues to create ‘BIG Change for small change’ across Australia, supporting hospitals. Throughout August 2018, Dexus shopping centres nationally will host a one-day community event that aims to make a difference to the lives of young families and children by supporting the important work of local hospitals and children’s wards around the country.
Up to 1,500 children aged under 10 are admitted to hospitals throughout Australia every day. Raising money for local hospitals to support children and families is therefore as important to our local communities as ever. Building on the success of last year’s event, 10 Dexus managed shopping centres located across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia will charge a gold coin donation upon entry to the centre on this community day.
All funds raised within the centres will be donated to the local hospital in their trade area to support a range of paediatric service and children’s health care initiatives, such as the revitalisation of a children’s garden in Mount Druitt, New South Wales through to the purchase of a new medical equipment for the children’s ward at GV Health Hospital, Shepparton.
“Supporting local families with young children is central to our portfolio of shopping centres located across Australia. This is an important way Dexus can give back and make a difference to the lives of so many families and children throughout our wider community,” says Dexus National Marketing and Business Manager, Ben Hughes.
Each centre will be transformed with ‘BIG Change for small change’ entrance theming, special offers from retailers and a program of free entertainment and events.
Local community groups and media outlets in each local area have also come together to offer their wide-ranging support for this special one-day only charity event.
“The response we’ve had from our retailers, local community organisations and media partners has been overwhelming again this year. Our focus at Dexus is to deliver localised retail experiences through our centres every day, and with the support of our local community partners, we aim to achieve that by creating BIG Change for small change,” says Hughes.
‘BIG Change for small change’ will be delivered at the following centres throughout August 2018
– Smithfield Shopping Centre, Cairns, supporting the Far North Queensland Hospital Fund
– Willows Shopping Centre, Townsville, supporting the Townsville Hospital Foundation
– Tweed City Shopping Centre, Tweed Heads South, supporting Tweed Heads Hospital
– Beenleigh Marketplace, Beenleigh, supporting Logan Hospital
– Deepwater Plaza, Woy Woy, supporting Gosford and Wyong Hospitals
– Plumpton Marketplace, Plumpton, supporting Mount Druitt Hospital
– Shepparton Marketplace, Shepparton, supporting GV Health Hospital
– QV Melbourne, supporting Royal Children’s Hospital
– Galleria Melbourne, supporting Royal Children’s Hospital
– Carillon City, Perth, supporting Perth Children’s Hospital