A diversified national portfolio of nine strategically located, mixed-use properties is set to draw significant interest from local and international buyers in the most significant value-add opportunity of the past decade. Colliers International has been exclusively appointed by Kaufland Australia to sell nine retail, industrial and mixed-use development sites across Victoria, Queensland and South Australia as part of the company’s withdrawal from the Australian market following Kaufland’s announcement earlier this year.
“This is an unprecedented opportunity to secure a national pipeline of prime development sites, all of which are strategically located in growth areas that offer substantial upside,” said John Marasco, Colliers International Managing Director of Capital Markets
“Rarely do we see such a significant value-add opportunity come to market in Australia”, he continued.
Alysia Reilly, Colliers International Director of Industrial Capital Markets, said: “We are already fielding strong interest from a wide range of Australian and offshore buyers, from institutions and developers to owner-occupiers and syndicates.”
The portfolio of Kaufland’s existing Australian investments comprises four sites in Victoria, three in Queensland and two in South Australia:
- 177-207 Reedy Creek Rd, Burleigh Heads, QLD: A large mixed-use development site of 32,850m2, a scale that is rarely offered in such a prime location.
- 177-189 Morayfield Rd, Morayfield, QLD: Morayfield Village boasts some of the most high-profile retailers in the retail heart of Brisbane’s northern growth corridor. It offers a large site area of 17,020sqm, with a total GLA of 6,939m2 and 260 car parks.
- 159-177 Progress Rd, Richlands, QLD: A strategic opportunity to acquire a 3.1ha (31,190m2) District Centre zoned development site in Brisbane’s surging western corridor.
- 10 Anzac Hwy, Forestville, SA: A landmark 36,000m2 site on the doorstep of the Adelaide CBD within the affluent City of Unley, already cleared of improvements.
- 250B Churchill Rd, Prospect, SA: A substantial 23,699m2 site, already cleared and remediated, that offers an unprecedented, landmark development opportunity with exciting potential for an integrated mixed-use development.
- 266 Maroondah Hwy, Chirnside Park, VIC: One of the last remaining infill sites of scale in Melbourne’s east. Located within the prime centre of Chirnside Park, this large 39,146m2site, has flexible Commercial 1 zoning allowing for the development of a vibrant mixed-use commercial centre and complementary residential uses STCA.
- 1-5 Gladstone Road, Dandenong, VIC: A large 30,607m2 site, one of the last remaining infill sites of scale in Melbourne’s South East. Infill sites with development upside and scale rarely come to market in Dandenong.
- 592-694 High Street, Epping, VIC: A high profile, 31,470m2 site on a busy main street, within the retail core of a very high order activity centre – an estimated 30,000-plus vehicles pass the site daily.
- 1126 Centre Road, Oakleigh South, VIC: A large, high profile corner site measuring 44,013m2, a rare scale offering in a core infill industrial precinct in Melbourne’s east.